Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Last Wednesday night we took the Young Women to a place called White Elegance...They sell temple dresses. First of all they spoke to them about the Temple and got them thinking a little bit about why we really go to the Temple. They went around and asked each one of the Girls what they were doing to prepare to go through the temple. I thought a leaders response was wonderful.....she said......surround yourself with good friends that will uplift you.....so that it will be easier to live the gospel. I thought that was a very good suggestion. Also there are some great books and pamphlets that the church puts out that explains why we have temples and how important the endowment is. Anyway, we had a wonderful night and the girls loved trying on the dresses. Everyone is in white in the temple and no one is above the other. We are all equal in the eyes of the Lord...... Aren't they beautiful?

1 comment:

Christy said...

I was so surprised when I came across your blog on Tuesday. I had just learned how to do a blog and happened across it by pushing the next blog button. I knew right away you were LDS. When you live in Kentucky in a branch where there is about 40 active members, you get excited about meeting another member. Anyway, I've got your blog on my list and I plan on keeping up with your family. Nice to meet you.